Saturday, March 17, 2007

Weird Epiphany

I had some sort of weird epiphany last night. It's a strange thing to say on a Saturday morning, but I realise now how short life is. My friend Oz is turning 40 this year, and that is so strange to me. To think that he will then be 50, then 60, so soon. It made me realise how I think I know where I'm going with my comics and drawing. I always saw it as an endless amount of output, but now I think it's:
- finish O Men
- do Spandex
- do my 'personal project'
- die lol
It's weird too, as I think the personal project could be really successful - but at this point in my life, it's all about the O Men.
It's so important to write ideas down. The personal project is based on a lot of stuff that happened to me in my 20s, and it's astounding how much you forget.
In the immediate future though - I am confident about issue 2.4 of the O Men - although I'm not quite sure of the logistics of it. Once again, it's going to be very different, and I think i'm gonna need to speak to my printer about how to do it!
SPANDEX (and I think SPANDEX always needs to be in caps) is exciting too - it'll be released very differently, and I@m excited about it. It's not quite there yet - not all the characters have names, but I know exactly what they look like now (I nailed the lesbian robot last night. So to speak.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was having the same thought the other day when I was visiting with my cousin. She remembers so much about our childhood that I simply forgot! Can my brain be this much squish in my thirties?!! I'm going to start jotting down more myself...Can't WAIT to see SPANDEX :)

JamieB said...

'Sfunny: I move around a fair bit, like a lot of folk do these days, and, consequently, I have very little stuff from even ten years ago lying around the place; whereas my parents and their ilk -- who moved straight from the family to the marital home -- have crates full of stuff from every decade that they've been on this earth. They're surrounded by memories 247, so, big surprise, they can reach back 40 years with ease, and I can only dimly remember stuff like the address of the place where I lived my last year at university.