Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spendaholic

Well I certainly know how to kick off a week's holiday. First up, my folks came to visit at the weekend. My parents are awesome - they will do anything for me :-) They helped me with all the DIY jobs that I am too rubbish to do myself. They just have the knack, and they left my house looking like a five star hotel.
And then yesterday I hit oxford street. boy did i hit oxford street. I got two new posters for my living room (seven samurai and another kill bill one), the two matrix sequels (my hatred for them has died down over the years), the new Laura Veirs album (she wails too much and I decided not to buy any more of her stuff, but they played it in the shop and it sounded ace - yeah, they got me), the Art of Brian Bolland (shame it doesn't feature more of the Invisibles and Animal Man covers), a Luke Cage action figure lol (now I have to get Iron Fist), and lots of packs from Orbital comics - Next Men 1-18, Criminal Macabre and Singularity 7 (if you are a Londoner, head to Orbital - it's ace, and the packs are amazing - and check out Gosh too obviously).
I missed out on Next Men as a kid - it always seemed a bit expensive and flimsy. I'm three issues in and I'm impressed - plus John Byrne writes his own letters column and gives an interesting insight into how his head works.

4 comments:

JamieB said...

I was in HMV Oxford Circus today (I bought a 7-pack of Preston Sturges films). The store was gearing up for a personal appearance by "Hannah Montana". It's the end of civilisation as we know it, I tell you...

Mart said...

who is Preston Sturges? didn't he marry Chantelle?

JamieB said...

Philistine! :-)

Mart said...

he married 'philistine'?