Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Please release me...

I've been trying to get through to Telewest, sorry, 'Virgin Media' since Friday night to cancel my TV stuff, and haven't been able to talk to a human being. I think I've spent about 6 hours in all on hold. Actually I did get thru to two people - the first person transferred me to a dead line and I got thru last night and was told that customer services was closed now. So basically, I'm trying my hardest to cancel and they don't seem to want me to go. I have been on hold for 20 mins today (I am 'cradling the phone' right now as I type this) - I tried earlier and after half an hour on hold I went over to chat to my boss and I'd been cut off.
So anyway, I've joined Sky and they're installing on Sunday.
BT was a pain too (I need a BT line to get Sky broadband). Took me about an hour or so of being on hold - and I'm not surprised, the amount of bollocks the agents talk to you about - special offers and stuff. I spoke to a Geordie (sorry Gary) lady who kept saying 'Morning Morton' (like the Catherine Tate character) which cracked me up, and then, after about 30 mins of talking to her she presented me with my new phone number. I was like 'can't I have my old one?' 'Sorry pet (sorry Gary), if you want to keep your old one I have to cancel everything we've done and transfer you somewhere else so you can start all over again.' No thanks.
Also, I didn't realise that you have to pay 130 quid to get BT iinstalled if your gaff hasn't already had a BT line. So apparently a previous occupant did have a BT line, but I'm not 100% convinced, and I'm definitely putting my ipod-buying on hold.
So my aim today is to leave Telewest. 23 minutes on hold now... Come on. You can do it.

2 comments:

JamieB said...

There can't be many properties that don't already have a BT line, surely? Is your gaff a new-ish building or something? The bloke wot had my flat before me was using it as an accommodation address; the phone had been disconnected for so long that BT had to install a new cable. *However*, as there was a 'line' associated with the address, they laid said cable for free.

Mart said...

I think I am just being pessimistic!