Thursday, March 22, 2007

Manoon!

Mike has asked me to write a post about his cat, Manoon. Manoon just pounced on my chest and knocked all my comics behind the sofa. She's sitting on the stereo and also sat on the laptop keypad.
I have a strange relationship with animals/pets. When your only contact with animals, specifically dogs, is getting attacked by them*, it's all a bit weird, but I love MIkey's pets. Okay, I'll never get used to the dogs, DAisy and Jazz, HURLING themselves at the door/me when I arrive, but they are cute. Miyagi is my favourite - i can relate to her in a funny way. She is sort of shy but always tries to be friendly. I have a funny relationship with Manoon. She can be a bit stand-offish, but only when she is shy and frightened, and now that she's Mike's only pet (since he split from his ex), she's really come into her own.
Good old Manoon.
Have you guys got any pets?
*My pet attacks: 1: clawed down back at age 10 in the south of france while playing hide and seek leading to frantic search around the area for an open doctors (it was bank holiday) for a rabies shot; 2: at 8, sitting next to a dog in the lake district which was on a very long lead - very long. long enough to cause a lot of damage when it slowly walked round and round my ankle, wrapping its lead around it, and then deciding to run...

4 comments:

Lilith Bombon said...

i have also a pet, also a cat, a female one. her name is pispia, and i love so much cats.. i think is because i would like to be one O_o... nice your blog, and nice post... see you soon

Mart said...

Ah that is sweet. :-)

JamieB said...

Erm...my dad's a butcher and slaughterman, and I spent my formative on a farm. So sentimental about animals, I ain't :-)

Mart said...

(Jamie ruins the moment...)