Monday, March 19, 2007

Artists I can't stand

Let me get this off my chest. There are some artists whose work I find a real turn-off (sorry, that sentence was a bit weird wasn't it). Phil Winslade - yuck. Michael Kaluta - what's all the fuss about? Growing up, I had a big bugbear - Tom Morgan, who would fill in on loads of titles, although I didn't mind his run on my beloved Alpha Flight so much.
Ron Garney reminds me of Tom Morgan. Rubbish, can't stand him.
But the worst offendor for me is this new guy - Tom Denerick. Is that his name? What the hell is that? That's not art! He just pisses it all on the page! Yuck. What a hack.

4 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

I've been warming to Ron Garney over on Amazing Spider-Man, if only because they've obviously told him to copy JRJR's style.

Mart said...

i have to admit...and i didn't want to write this, as it would have made my comment a bit convoluted... but Ron has got a BIT better, but i do still find him too hack-y

Rol said...

Bagley. I hate Bagley. Thank god they finally got him off Ultimate Spider-Man! Compared to Bagley, Ron Garney is Michelangelo.

Mart said...

bagley is a bit dull, but i don't mind him.