Friday, February 23, 2007

'Virgin Media'

I'm not normally one to talk about consumer issues but I will...
Ever since my parents got Sky, I've always wanted it to get it - all those music channels - MTV2!!! So when I got my own place last year, I got Telewest, and I loved it. Not too expensive!
A couple of weeks ago, these adverts kept popping up about Virgin Media and I'm like, what's that then, ah well doesn't concern me.
So yesterday I get an email - 'Welcome to Virgin Media - here is your new online bill'. So apparently I'm now in Virgin Media! I used to get sick of all the stupid mail-outs I'd get from Telewest, but I thought it might have been a common courtesy for maybe one little letter to inform me that I'm now a member of a whole new scheme.
And now apparently some deals have fallen through and we are losing Sky One from our package!? So that means I will lose Simpsons and Lost (hmm maybe for the best) but also my beloved Project Catwalk!!! And Battlestar Galactica!!!???
That explains the advert I saw a while ago, asking people to sign this Sky petition not to lose their shows - shame I didn't realise it affected me!
So...thanks guys... Maybe I'll just get Freeview.

No comments: