Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Vertigo

I was flicking through the latest Y the Last Man collection this morning and thinking how sad it is that it’s the only Vertigo comic I read these days. There was a stage where I only read Vertigo - Sandman, Doom Patrol, Preacher, Invisibles etc - but those days are long gone. They seem to have tried their best to go into more diverse types of comics - Westerns, War stuff, Vietnam - but they really don’t interest me. In fact, in their attempts to diversify, they’ve actually come up with an output that’s quite samey and dull. The loss of the letters pages hasn’t helped either.
So with Y the Last Man drawing to a conclusion, they badly need to come up with something worth reading (O Men?). Y is a great read by the way. Not one of my favourites, but a good quality title, with some nice twists and turns.

No comments: