Friday, February 9, 2007

Snow 2

Yesterday it snowed quite a lot, and after the last snow-travel debacle (slight covering = trains at a stand-still) I decided to work from home.
I did go for a very early morning walk and my trains seemed to actually be running smoothly. In fact, my 8.13 turned up on time - which is the FIRST TIME it has done that so far this year! So I might have been fine lol. But then I'm guessing that those on-time trains fell apart at some point, as the rest of the morning apparently saw loads of cancellations, and a lot of people who live near me didn't get in til about 11.
Anyway, I got so much work done at home - I did stuff in a day that would have taken me a week or more in the office.
And I came to work today and apparently HR are docking a day's holiday from everyone who couldn't make it in - hardly seems fair (but I'm covered lol!)
I think I will try to 'struggle in' next time tho - it is quite fun in a weird way, when it snows.

No comments: