Wednesday, February 14, 2007

O Men

Issue 2.3 is coming along quite well. It's an interesting issue, it's literally very 'dark' and I've used light at specific points for emphasis. Of course, this means that there is a lot of 'colouring-in' to do on Photoshop.
The script has been in constant flux, with pages being dropped and then added at all sorts of different points. A letter saying that a reader didn't think I'd introduced the characters well enough made me add an extra page on Asylum.
So still on course for a late-March release I think. A good issue for Grace and Stu, Mary and Kelly, with some madness from Molly, Strange and Aslyum.
Issue 2.4 will be mental. absolutely mental. i can't wait. I want to reveal stuff but I won't. Scenes on tubes, motorways, conference rooms - hmm, that doesn't sound very exciting, but it will be!
Then Issue 2.5 will feature work from other artists who I haven't talked to yet. It'll hopefully make up for the Anthology falling through.
Anyway, good times. If I could figure out how to post more pictures in my writings, I'd pop preview pages on.

7 comments:

JamieB said...

So whose crotch will you be sniffing on the cover of 2.3? :-)

Mart said...

tsk!
there is a very racy pic of Molly actually in this issue. i can't wait for you guys to see it! possibly one of the most explicit panels i've ever done!!!

JamieB said...

That's sad that is -- almost as sad as ITV promoting the 2nd episode of Primeval with shots of S Club Hannah running around in her skimpies.

So are we going to see any animated O-Men from you on this or the main O-Men site?

Mart said...

how do you mean?

Unknown said...

Dirty, dirty Martinooooooo.

JamieB said...

what are they called -- GIFs? Little animated scenes that play on a loop. I'm no techie, I'm afraid.

Mart said...

i have been thinking of doing mini trailers, but I have a lot of other stuff on a 'list' to do first. I want to put together an O Men animated show pitch to TV companies.