Friday, February 23, 2007

Burned out

Oops, last weekend I burned myself on O Men. First up on Sunday I had one of my 'sleepless nights' where my brain is being creative and I just cannot get to sleep. Ah well, at least it was constructive lol. And then on Monday (a day off) I think I was O Men-ing from about 11am til 10pm - way too much, and I had to take the week off from drawing to recover. Think I'll take it a bit easier this weekend hehe - although I am desperate to finish the issue and move onto the next one.
You know, I think I actually work harder on O Men than I do at my day job...

4 comments:

JamieB said...

"You know, I think I actually work harder on O Men than I do at my day job..."

Oops, be careful you don't end up suffering a bad case of "bloggers' remorse" (blog in haste, get sacked, repent at enforced leisure...) :-)

Glad you enjoyed the RS gig, as curious as it was.

Jamie.

Mart said...

I don't care what I say here, it's all true!
To be honest, I can't say I work hard here because I spend a lot of time talking to writers and stuff, and it doesn't feel like I'm working hard!

JamieB said...

Ah, backpeddling now :-)

With respect to doing O-Men: do you try to make yourself do a minimum amount every day, or is it just whenever you're in the mood?

And have you read CW#7 yet?

Jamie.

Mart said...

No!
Ha ha to be honest, when i started this Blog, I wondered about how much I would say about work. There is a lot to say, really - not all good - but I guess that is the case with any company. The stories I could tell...
To be honest, I like to think that whatever I say is totally justifiable, so I don't care really. But yes, it's probably best not to say anything ha ha.

With O Men, because I work full time, I am constantly frustrated and aware that I'm not actually doing much work on it. I tend to only get round to doing any work on it on a Sunday and it's a miracle it gets done like that - somehow it works. Last weekend, I just got a bit carried away, I think. You know, sometimes you work hard on something - whatever it is - and you end up reeling for a while. It's like why I can't play playstation games just before bed - my mind is still reeling.

nope not read cW 7 yet. will pop downstairs and raid this week's intake at lunch! some quite good comics out this week.