Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Snow

Apparently it's going to snow tomorrow. I have got mixed feelings about this. Everyone loves snow. But it snowed the other week (leaving a small covering, nothing major, but enough to disrupt the entire train network) and the first reaction was 'yes!' and then, when I got to my train station and my train was around half an hour late, the reaction was 'no!'.
So secretly I'm hoping I will get snowed in tomorrow. I have taken a bit of work home to do... (along with Heroes Episodes 7-12...).
When I was a kid, we used to tune into the snow reports on local radio, to see if our school was closed. My school, Queen Mary's Grammar School, never closed. The announcement would come along... "and finally, Queen Mary's...Girls School is closed", and I would then throw my radio into the snow.
Of course, we'd struggle into school and then it would have to close at about 1pm when the blizzard really got worse.

2 comments:

JamieB said...

Y' big girl's blouse! :-) I keep meaning to ask: do these eps. you get direct from the States still have the adverts in them? Everytime I visit the States I make it a point to watch this or that show that I've read about. And everytime I do that I give up 10 minutes in because of all the ad breaks -- I just can't get into the story. Of course, it must be different for people who are used to watching shows this way (you lived in the States for a while, right?), but...bl**dy h*ll all those ad breaks are annoying.

Mart said...

yes we do have the ad breaks. i don't mind them, actually - they often show new movie trailers and cool clips for other TV shows. i think the worst thing is the 'coming soon' previews - they give away way too much - especially the 24 ones. But who can resist watching them!
I occasionally watch an ep that someone has downloaded, and they don't have ad breaks.