Tuesday, February 20, 2007

TV

I’ve finally got back into Shipwrecked after a really dull few episodes, and it’s made me think about the TV shows I’m watching regularly at the moment.
Battlestar - Not quite enjoying this as much as I did last season (which was phenomenal) but it’s still really good, and I’ll definitely stick with it.
Prison Break - I never have high expectations of this show, but as soon as it starts it’s just a mind-blowingly good show. Great characters, great twists, great show. Hope it gets a third season. Not quite sure what they’ll do in a third season, exactly, but ah well.
24 - I gave up on this show in season one, like everyone else, when Teri got amnesia. But then, when all the other shows started getting cancelled - X-Files, Buffy, Angel - I decided to give it another go, as everyone else seemed to be into it. It really is good - totally daft, but really good. Season six has been a bit...silly so far, but I’m hoping it will pick up soon. I’m a bit worried that it’s a bit predictable at the moment - it’s a show that succeeds on the writers being so far ahead of the audience.
The Search - This is a nice little gem which I guess isn’t doing very well, since it was demoted from prime-time to late afternoon. It’s all very silly, as 10 or so incompetent contestants try and decipher very simple clues all across the world, but it is quite gripping. Saskia to win!
Shipwrecked - This was a phenomenal show last year, utterly compulsive viewing, and actually quite stressful to watch!! It was hilarious how my younger friends all were rooting for the silly old Tigers, while people my ages rooted for the older Sharks (yay, they won!). This year it got off to a slow start, and splitting the islands into boys and girls has made things a little dull, plus some of the contestants don’t actually seem to have personalities - but it’s picking up now.
Deal or No Deal - Still watching this, and enjoying it, altho Noel is getting more and more annoying and the contestants just don’t seem to be as interesting these days. Quite scarily, I’ve started watching the Weakest Link again too.
Lost - Oh dear. I really want this show to succeed and do well, but I think it’s going down the plughole quite quickly. They need to focus on the main characters and not keep shining the spotlight on people like Juliet (last week) and Desmond (this week). This week’s Desmond episode was abysmal - really frustrating. Nothing happened. I think this show needs to reveal what it’s about and then take it from there. There are way too many unanswered questions now.
America’s Next Top Model - This show has such a great formula, however much Tyra tries to irritate us all into not watching it. It’s always really tempting to look up who has won each season on the internet - but somehow I manage to resist.
Project Catwalk - Another great show. It sounds shit on paper - fashion designers have to design to different briefs each week, and then someone gets eliminated - but it’s really good. And all this season’s contestants are great fun.
Heroes - Another cool show, altho I haven’t seen a new episode for ages. And I’m definitely not watching any of those spoiler-littered trailers any more!!

No comments: