Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Falling off the wagon

I fell spectacularly off the wagon this weekend on one of my Resolutions - CD-buying. I don’t want to buy many CDs this year, but I knew these albums were coming along, so I guess I had some warning.
I got the new Kristin Hersh - I’ve kind of fallen out of love with Kristin over the years (rather like my relationship with Love and Rockets), but this one seems like a good one. I also got the new Madonna Confessions Live DVD - this was shown on TV before Christmas and it was unbelievable. Every song was like watching some kind of weird otherworldly, superhero pop video - amazing. It really inspires me on O Men, actually.
Got Bloc Party today - I’ve read a lot of disappointed reviews, but it sounds good to me so far. Loving the song that just launches into a minute or so of ‘let’s go to Brighton for the weekend’ - I agree!
Sadly, I fell into my old habit of buying an album that I’ll probably never listen to - the new Evanesence one. It was cheap, and the lead singer is a big Tori fan, so I thought why not. I’ve never really been into them though, so I’m not quite sure why I bought it. In fact, I think I actually hate Evanesence.

2 comments:

JamieB said...

"I’m not quite sure why I bought it. In fact, I think I actually hate Evanesence."

First the binge and then the purge... bulimia musica

Mart said...

I'm wasting away...