Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Heroes

One of the most important life lessons I've learned over the years is this: when people rave on about a TV show, you should take notice (in a reverse way to when a film gets universally panned, you just shouldn’t go and see it – I learned that lesson with Batman and Robin when I was in my teens - the movie, that is).
So while there are some popular shows that I never really got into - like Grey’s Anatomy (I hate that music that plays throughout each episode - so irritating) and West Wing (politicszzzz), and shows that I never got the chance to see (like The Sopranos), I’ve been catching up with Heroes lately, and I have to say it ROCKS.
It didn’t really grab my attention from the start - the storylines seemed too random, the acting a bit ‘meh’ - but something happened in episode 5 (I think) which really made me realise this is a show worth watching (it involves Hiro on a subway train). Brilliant.
Is it original? A show like this is a natural choice really, and a lot of the storylines have origins in comic books - but hey, it’s worth watching, definitely.

2 comments:

JamieB said...

After that epiphany, it's time to accept Ugly Betty into your life. Go on, you know you want to...

Mart said...

I can't. It's a bit...lame!