Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sky UPDATE!!!

Well it’s all sorted now, after nearly all going horribly wrong (long story, suffice to say, the first day I needed to be at home - and to work at home- I’d been ill and off work anyway, so had nothing to work on - so I had to rearrange things lol). And then ‘Ben’ from Virgin Media phoned and offered a last-minute deal - money off for reduction of service (losing Sky etc), and I must say, it did cross my mind to stick with what I had, but I’m glad I didn’t. So now Virgin Media is out of my life, I have Sky, BT and will soon have broadband yey! I love Sky!!! You can set programmes a week ahead! I can watch the West Midlands news and feel like I’m back at home in Birmingham!! I have got More 4 +1, so I can watch Deal or No Deal when I get in lol!!! (The only downside is that I’ve lost the Cartoon Network, but ah well.)
So four months of trying to organise this fecking thing is obviously all worth it lol.....
(But BT are so shit. At first, I thought I wasn‘t set up for Broadband but now apparently I am. That took about 2 hours on hold to find that one out. And then I lost my old number, even though I had asked to keep it. That involved about 3 more hours on hold and a rude guy who I had to put the phone down on. He was saying that they could check the recordings to check if I asked to keep my old number. I said, ‘well if you can do that, why couldn‘t you go back and retrieve all my details from my first order which you LOST ALL RECORD OF‘, but of course they ‘can‘t do that‘ because of the Data Protection Act. Grrrrr.)

5 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

Is there anything good on UK Cartoon Network? DO we get Adult Swim over here?

I'm more than happy with Freeview. I don't like Lost, I lost interest in 24 with the second series and I find Battlestar Galactica to be the most boring tale of interstellar warfare I've ever seen (I mean really, it's about a genocidal war between man and machine and they've managed to make it put people to sleep!). So I'm not missing much.

Mart said...

i think adult swim is on Bravo?
i will sort of miss cartoon network. i'd been watching the new Legion of Superheroes series - altho it wasn't as good as Justice League Unlimited.
oh nooo kelvin - BSG has some fantastic moments - it all builds up! I know what you mean - some episodes coast along...but the last half of season two - woah.

thekelvingreen said...

I may give BSG a second chance and rent it on dvd, but I just find it so very very dull.

Oddly enough I love the initial four part miniseries, but it all went to hell when they started to do full series.

Mart said...

do stick with it. honestly, the end of season two...
(mind you i got bored with season three ha ha)

thekelvingreen said...

Well we'll see. It's on my rental list now, but Meg's got West Wing episodes on there until October, so it'll be a while.