Monday, May 14, 2007

Reviewers

I wrote about a couple of album reviews a while ago, and it actually got me thinking about music reviewers. I mean, how do you review an album? How long do they spend on it? Most albums I get, I don’t like them the first time I listen to them, and it’s only around the 5th, 6th or 10th time that I start to like them, when the tunes start to sink in. I can’t imagine reviewers listening to albums that much. You have to let the album really sink in and get into your head, and experience it.
A couple of years back, Tori’s Beekeeper album got some quite scathing reviews - and I even wrote to a newspaper to defend it and have a go at the reviewer. And I did like the album back then, I mean I love what Tori does, but I can look back now, and compared to the new album, the Beekeeper just really lacked bite and it didn’t really have any driving, exciting tunes on it. So even I was wrong lol...

No comments: