Tuesday, May 29, 2007

List

A couple of other bloggers have been doing this. I don't know why I decided to do it too...
01) Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-man is the first comic book I really got into.
02) The Walking Dead is one of the comics I currently collect.
03) Zatanna is one of my all-time favourite superheroes.
04) Optic Nerve is my favourite non-superhero comic.
05) Batman is a very overrated character
06) Rob Liefield is, in my opinion, a very overrated comic artist.
07) Grant Morrison is one of my favourite comic book writers.
08) Going to Nostalgia & Comics (in Birmingham) as a kid on a Saturday, and grabbing a dozen or so new comics and sitting on my beanbag reading them while Gladiators was on is a happy comic book memory for me.
09) Jaime Hernandez is awesome at drawing female characters.
10) J H Williams III is one of my all-time favourite comic artists.
11) Glyn Dillon is an artist I'd love to see drawing a monthly series.
12) Cerebus is a comic I've meant to read, but haven't done so yet.
13) ??? is a welcome '80s comeback.
14) Strangers in Paradise is a comic I've never read or paid much attention to.
15) Superman is a popular character I've never really paid attention to.
16) Sandman/The Invisibles is a title I would recommend to my friends.
17) Titania is one of my favourite comic villains.
18) X-Men is a comic I'm glad they made into a movie/movie franchise.
19) ??? is a comic they totally ruined by making it into a movie. (it cannot be done, such is the power of the medium! ha !)
20) Adrian Tomine is someone I would really love to meet at a comic convention.
21) Frankenstein is a character I can see myself being for Halloween.
22) X-Men is a comic I used to love, but now I'm not so hot about.
23) Jill Thompson is someone I would love to work on a comic book with.
24) £4 is the most I'll spend on a 22-page (average sized) comic.
25) Crazy Jane is something/someone they should bring back.

4 comments:

Rol said...

Who were the creative team on PPSM when you got into it?

Love Optic Nerve too.

Mart said...

gosh i can't remember the creative team - it was back in the day when Felicia Hardy fancied Spidey (but not Peter Parker) and she was in hospital - with Doc Ock threatening her. one of my very first comics was in the same run with Gladiator on the cover. It's funny, cos I actually remember not really liking or understanding some of the first comics I bought (another one was an FF comic set in the Negative Zone by John Byrne) - so it's a miracle I stuck with it, really.

Rol said...

It's by the much derided team of Bill Mantlo and Al Milgrom... however, I maintain it's the best Dr. Octopus story ever (though it did effectively break the character for a number of years after). Good choice!

Mart said...

I was terrified when i read that issue. i thought ol' Ocky was gonna kill Felicia...