Monday, June 2, 2008

Lost S4 finale

Don't read this until you've seen the Lost S4 finale - otherwise you'll hate me...
Seen it? Good...
I was a bit disappointed! I mean, we know certain people escape, and they did, we've kind of seen the island do that thing before (the white light), we kind of knew Jin was gonna die (or is he really dead...), but okay, maybe not Michael too... I just keep getting flashes of Ben turning the wheel and thinking how stupid it looked...
Fave bit was the reappearance of Claire - she is so cool! God only knows what's going on.
And as for the final reveal - well, come on, when we first saw that coffin, who didn't have the name 'Locke' flash through their mind? Check out the alternative endings on Youtube, where they filmed Sawyer and Desmond in the coffin. Now I honestly think they should have gone with Desmond. All along I was watching his happy reunion with Penny and thinking 'okay, where's the sting in the tail here?' The Penny/Des story is still of interest because we know Charles/Ben are screwing around with them, so it could have been relevant.
Oh and bullshit, Jack! The island surely has plenty of fuel they could have used for the chopper! Think of all those stations.
So all in all, a good finale (I'm just being critical lol) but it didn't reach the heights of last season's unbelievable ending.

2 comments:

Rol said...

I liked the way they sorted out the timeline of the flash-forwards, and I'm very intrigued to see where they go next.

It didn't have the WTF? factor of last season's ending, mainly because it's been pretty well telegraphed where things were going to end up (getting off the island / going back to the island) all along. That said, the Locke reveal was a surprise to me - though afterwards, once I thought about it, it seemed pretty obvious.

The Desmond story appears to have wrapped, but as you say Des & Penny's connection to Jim Robinson ties them into the show's future.

Sawyer is very cool. Favourite line: "Hey, Kenny Rogers!"

Mart said...

i was kinda underwhelmed by the finale - I think I was at uncharted heights of excitement in the season 3 finale lol - I think the stupid strike changed so much stuff and crippled the season a bit.

Sawyer's cool when they remember he's cool and can do cool stuff - well, like all of them really.
Speaking of which - Claire!!! Wow...