Thursday, June 5, 2008

2.7 cover






Just thought I'd show you some stuff I'm working on for Issue 2.7's cover...
It's a bit of a Kelly issue - based on a classic Daredevil issue - I'll use a homage of the DD cover inside the issue. For this cover, I wanted a strong Kelly image, and I just so happened to get inspired by an album cover - Brandi Carlisle - I'm not sure if you can see it, but it has lots of little dots on it - little 'o's so that gave me the idea.
So then I knocked up a Kelly pic and coloured it... (the original version was much more head and shoulders, but i knew it would just be close-up, so I just used this version)
And then I got my talented designer friend to do some dotty/pixellating effects on it...
First version wasn't quite dotty enough, the second version was much better - altho I toned down some of the shading... (not sure why it's come up blue here!)
And then I tidied it up myself, narrowed the face a bit cos i thought she looked too wide, and closed in on it...
So the one with the logo might be close to teh final version - I still need to play around with it...
Was a bit concerned it looks a bit like issue 2.2's cover (Molly) but i think it'll be okay...
But all in all, teh issue seems to be coming along quite well (altho I'm not going to promise an on-sale date lol)

1 comment:

Rol said...

"Based on a classic Daredevil issue"...

She's not getting shivved, is she?