Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The O Men 2008

So what’s in store for The O Men in 2008?
First, let’s look at 2007.
What a disaster!!! I think I managed a grand total of two issues, and the final issue there completely burned me out and I wasn’t even gonna do any drawing for the rest of the year because of it. However, the creative urge proved too strong and I’m currently getting on well with issue 2.6 - in fact there are only 11 pages left to finish off (mostly boring backgrounds to sort out, my favourite, lol). So I reckon that’ll be out in Feb, maybe. Issue 2.6 finishes off the three-part ‘Team-Building’ storyline, with a traitor revealed, a very nasty falling out, and at least one team-member leaving...
Then the plan is to release the second Volume Two collection and issue 2.7 at Bristol 2008 - yes, I’m gonna be at Bristol this year, after a year off! So lord knows how I’ll get the second collection together (it has that very awkward double-page spread issue in it), but issue 2.7 will be a really landmark issue, with some major, major developments. I’m really looking forward to this one - have been for ages - and I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
And after that...there’ll be another O-break - the plan being to focus on Spandex for a year, all being well, releasing the project at Bristol 2009 (although I’m not gonna pressure myself too much - I want to enjoy it). Anyway, Spandex should be a lot of fun and a unique read - the plan is to release it as a 120-page digest graphic novel.
And after that, it’s the final storyline of O Men season two (which should consist of five issues), heading into the series finale, season three, which should be two or three large issues.
And that should really be it.

2 comments:

Rol said...

When you put it like that, it sounds like it'll all be over soon. I don't like the sound of that at all!

Mart said...

lol - i'm sure i'll miss my deadlines and it'll drag on for years hehe