Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Music


Is it me or is music improving a little bit? I think I'm vaguely liking some chart music for the first time in a decade or so... Bands might be becoming interesting again...
I have to admit, I buy a scandalous amount of music - now that I buy itunes instead of CDs, it's too damn easy... I think i might have bought about 10 albums so far this month (following the regular monthly vow not to buy any new albums at all). But even further, instead of popping everything on Shuffle, I'm actually listening to my new stuff properly, from start to finish... The new Joan Osborne album (which is of the same good quality as her first album, Relish, after about 4 or 5 very tepid albums), Kings of Leon (nice to hear him not mumbling on the new album), and Jenny Lewis...
A big shout-out to Jenny Lewis... I'm not a huge fan of Rilo Kiley - I found their first few albums a bit too twee... but their last album Under the Backlight was just pure quality. Her first solo album was good - but this new one is astonishing, absolutely love it. I don't even mind Elvis Costello on one of the songs, and I normally loathe him...
(And of course I cracked and bought a couple of Tori 'bootleg' itunes albums, hehe)

No comments: