Friday, September 14, 2007

Walking Dead

I only buy two comics these days - Walking Dead and Powers. Well, I say that, but i probably buy more than that if I think about it (The Authority - there, you see?), and tonight I treated myself to Infinity Inc, The UN-men and something else that escapes me.
So anyway, i read the latest two Walking Deads tonight.
It's an odd comic. It's great, but it doesn't always hit the spot at all. It doesn't help that Kirkman always over-hypes his issues - 'next issue: everything changes!' - er yeah, Glenn gets a haircut (why does he never get stubble?).
And the covers are veeery misleading - making the issues appear more exciting than they often are.
And get them out of that bloody prison.
The letters pages can be a real chore to read - and as a fan of letters pages, taht's an odd thing for me to say. And Kirkman's brush-off of criticism and just about everyone's wish for an answer to why the zombie plague hit, is brattish. In fact, I wonder if he's a bit of a childish fanboy type bloke. His 'dedication' to Mike Weiringo in issue 42 misfires completely, and comes across as someone sulking.
But it's still, I quite like it...

4 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

Is The Authority even still going?

Mart said...

it's a bit of a joke isn't it.
you wait months and months for a badly drawn, bizarrely written comic. :-(

JamieB said...

Isn't there one issue still left to come? It's a bit like Akira (which was my first experience of this strange phenomenon of insanely late comics).

thekelvingreen said...

Well, except for Akira actually being worth the wait...