Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The O Men

For anyone reading this that doesn’t know - I started The O Men when I was 26 years old and I’m not 30 issues in with around 14 or so to go.
So I’m on Issue 2.3 at the moment (that’s Volume Two, or season two). I’ve got around 8 pages on my computer, ready to be Photoshopped, and I don’t think it should take me too long to do the rest - the art is a bit simpler to do this time round, with the main scene taking place in an empty room.
Of course, the biggest step is deciding on the cover - and I’m still messing around with a few ideas. I know the general direction the cover should go in, but I can’t quite nail it yet. I don’t feel ‘ready’ on an issue until I’ve nailed the cover.
Of course, it didn’t help that I actually saw what my cover should be a couple of days ago - but it was the cover to something else. I was like, ‘that’s it!’ So part of me wants to just copy that...! Maybe I will.
So The O Men is my main thing, but I have other things in the pipeline. I want to put together an O Men animated series proposal (I know what I need to do, I just need to find time to do it), and I want to do a Garfield type strip, but I’m not happy with any of my ideas. I also have a spin-off idea for The O Men, called Spandex, but that will have to wait.
At some point, I’ve been tinkering with the idea of doing something autobiographical - something based on a Depression I experienced a couple of years ago. No, it wouldn’t be as miserable as it sounds - I’d want to show what it’s like to go through what I went through because, seriously, nothing could have prepared me for that. That does sound miserable, doesn’t it?
Mind you, the one thing that freaks me out is how much I reckon I’ve forgotten about the whole thing - the little details. It’s kind of a shame. But then again, maybe it’s for the best.

No comments: