Thursday, September 18, 2008

Spandexxxxxx


I am so, SO excited about Spandex! I have been working on it a bit over the last week or so. So excited... Let me give you some teasers...
- The characters – I love the characters. They’re just so cool. And I finally named one of the ones I was stuck on (‘Prowler’, formerly Kindred or Unity) so I feel it’s quite complete now. I’m in love with Indigo, such a beautiful personality, and wait til you meet Liberty properly.
- I don’t think anyone’s done anything like it. It’s going to be a collection, five issues, but it’s not issues 1 to 5, it’s issue 1, then 4, then 8. You get to see the covers of the ‘missing’ issues and fill in the blanks yourself!
- I’m working really hard on the art. I’m even re-drawing pages if need be, which I never normally do. As far as I’m normally concerned, the story is what it is, so if I do an O Men page for example, I’ll stick with it.
- It’s so cheeky! There are so many tongue-in-cheek moments, although it’s not overly camp or anything.
- It may offend. Yeah, there are a few things I wasn’t too sure about including, but what the fuck. It is what it is!
Soooo excited...

4 comments:

Rol said...

Looking forward to it - when's the first out out?

Mart said...

Thanks Rol.
I'm maybe two-thirds of the way thru issue one...
O Men 2.6 is suffering...
Hopefully get both out by Christmas...

JamieB said...

Maybe this is the approach that Marvel should have taken with Secret Invasion -- published the first and last issues in full, and just the covers of every issue in-between? :)

Mart said...

or maybe they should just not have bothered.