Friday, August 24, 2007

Cool graphic novels

Treated myself to some graphic novels today and quite a mixed bunch, i think you'd agree!
30 days of Night, MPD Psycho, Alan Moore's Complete Wildcats, Apollo's Song, aaaand Essential Dazzler 1 lol!
I'd day I had eclectic tastes but I think most comic readers do!
Also got my hands on some of the rare comics I buy these days (oh no, I'm not going off comics - I just read them for free from work): Walking Dead (boooring issue!), Astonishing XMen (boooring storyline!) and Powers (I think I missed an issue).
Looking forward to reading Thunderbolts, X-Men and New Avengers when I get back to work - not quite worth buying I don't think (I ain't buying anything drawn by Humerto Ramos).

5 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

I've officially given up on New Avengers, and 30 Days of Night is a good premise marred by poor execution. MPD Psycho is great fun though.

Mart said...

i think the last few new avengers have been horrendous - but the new cover drew me in... nothing like a bit of madame masque!

i was put off 30 days of night by the art - very sub-Bill Sienkievicz - but the artist grew on me in Fell so i thought i'd try it.

thekelvingreen said...

Yeah, I've been enjoying Fell too, and the art in 30 Days... is great, but the story really doesn't deliver on the potential of the premise.

Mart said...

i agree. i liked it but it was a bit insubstantial. loved the pages where the vamps approach the town though.
and what was all that stuff with the black lady and her son! i assume they'll be back - otherwise what a waste of time.

thekelvingreen said...

I was turned off when they basically skipped the entire occupation and just jumped from the vampires taking over to the inevitable uprising. The in-between stuff would have been so interesting.