Friday, September 14, 2007

I am 10

At work, I will be 'celebrating' my 10th anniversary this week. It's okay though, I celebrate it with 10 others, so I'm not the only one.
Personnel phoned me up on Thursday and asked me if I wanted 200 quid's worth of champagne or 200 quid's worth of vouchers. Vouchers, of course, please. So, tell me, have a think - what would you go for?
Have a think...
You said HMV, right? lol. So did I at first.
Well I finally decided to split it between Amazon and Itunes. I wonder if i made the right decision. Amazon is very useful, and I often buy from 'used and new' so I should be able to get loads. I was gonna go for Forbidden Planet - but I guess I can get most of my stuff from Amazon, and I get 30% off at FP anyway. Still, imagine blowing 100 quid on comics mmmm
Itunes - well, I dunno if I made the right decision there, especially since I just discovered a naughty downloading website lol (I don't normally download naughtily). Plus it did seem a bit 'wasteful' to go for 100 quid on itunes. I mentioned it to a colleague and said I was thinking about the starving kids in Africa and feeling selfish - he just said that they probably couldn't do much with 100 quids worth of itunes vouchers...
So I dunno if I made the right decision, but the decision has been made, so that's it.
Of course, maybe I could have put it towards helping to replace my dying washing machine - but...nah, way too sensible...

6 comments:

JamieB said...

amazon is always a good bet, I think, because that covers everything from books through CD and DVDs to electronic stuff -- and, as you say, the marketplace sellers are really very good value on most stuff (odd weirdo aside -- I read a bit of feedback from a diusgruntled customer of one amazon marketplace seller, and said seller's reply was, literally, "sod off" -- is there nobody from amazon monitoring this stuff???)

Rol Hirst said...

Bloody hell, I'm in the wrong job. (Tell me something new.)

I've been here 18 friggin years now and never got a voucher for nothing!

Mart said...

really rol? blimey.
actually, some of my fellow 10-year people were saying 'why wasn't it 500 quid'. jeez, 200 will do me!

JamieB said...

Erm...in May I went on an all-expenses-paid, business-class-travel trip to Beijing. Does that count as a perk...?

No vouchers, tho, so maybe Rol and I are in the same boat :)

Mart said...

i'd settle for friday afternoons off or flexi time in my job really :-(

Mart said...

(like a lot of other publishing companies do)