Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Sabotaging The O Men


It has become a fine tradition for an issue of the O Men to almost fall apart at the last stage. I remember when I was doing Issue 2.1, I had a week or so until Bristol, I'd just burned the near-final pages onto a disk and then my laptop went 'tink!' and died. Well it wasn't dead, the 'back-light' just died, but it still needed fixing, and I was very lucky I had loaded it onto a disk at that time.
Issue 2.2 almost went to pot as a couple of my laptop keys stopped working - I was almost finished on an issue, but my laptop warantee was about to expire so I had to send it off to get fixed as soon as poss.
So last night, I was pottering about on Issue 2.3 (it's still gonna take a couple of weeks to sort it all out, Gary!), I'd just got pretty much all of it onto my memory stick (so i could print it out at work and check the pages) - and then the laptop just ran out of power (I'd been too lazy to plug the adaptor in lol) and I couldn't get it back on again! I think my adaptor just blew a fuse or something, so it wasn't working. How weird that it happened again - and that I'd loaded the pages somewhere else in time. Luckily I had an old adaptor I could use and it's all okay - but I only realised that last night, so that was a night of being in one of those technology-related bad moods...
Oh anyway, to celebrate the issue almost being done - here is a preview page.

2 comments:

JamieB said...

Hmmm...strikes me that you might well be expressing a subconscious desire to sabotage your O-Men work because of a deep-rooted anxiety over how said work will be received.

That will be £200, please :-)

Dr Jamie Barras, Cod Psychologist.

P.S. liked the piccy -- and when you click on it, it gets bigger! (Nothing the least bit Freudian about that :-))

Mart said...

I just think it's weird how my laptop goes all wrong just after I've loaded all my work onto a different place - lucky!
I wish I could show the whole issue here. I really like this one.