Wednesday, July 30, 2008

X-Files - I wanted to believe!

I was lucky enough to see the X-Files movie last night...
X-Files is one of my favourite TV shows of all time and I used to edit the official magazine! - so obviously I’m a bit of a fan!
I’d heard negative reviews but thought I would like it. Hmm no...
It just lacks ‘oomph’. Every time you think it’s going to get going, it peeters out.
The actual X-file itself is one of the dullest ever – they should have gone for aliens or werewolves or something.
Billy Connelly is great.
And they say it is stand-alone etc, and it kinda is, but you do still need a degree in the show to remember just where mulder and Scully are at in their relationship – I couldn’t remember at all, and suddenly, well, you’ll see.
Towards the end of the movie, there are some really clunky moments – look out for the nuns, the gay snow hug and stay thru the credits to see perhaps the most cringe-worthy, pointless thing ever (altho it is slightly cute).
So all in all, sadly, I have to give it a 5 out of 10...

No comments: