Friday, June 6, 2008

Underwhelming

How underwhelming are the latest Marvel/DC crossovers?
Final Crisis - it just had no 'oomph'. I had no idea what was going on. It felt like a conversation I hadn't been invited to. And where did Martian Manhunter pop up from. I've read it 4 times and I sill don't understand what's going on. Still, is it better to be underwhelmed or overwhelmed - as was the case with Infinite Crisis...
Secret Invasion - well it's promising, but issues 2 and 3 just haven't contained any 'wow' moments or big shockers. I think someone dies in issue 3 (a minor character of course) but I'm not sure... It also needs more 'oomph'. Come on, Bendis - 4 issues left, and you really need to shock us. And one of teh Avengers titles is good - the Maleev one - but the other one, with Skrull tie-ins involving the Sentry and Shanna/Kazar (who strangely speak like every other American Bendis character, despite living in the jungle) are such a waste of time...

No comments: