Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lost - The Other Woman

You see, whereas I didn't like last week's ep - and I seem to be in the minority - I quite enjoyed tonight's. Maybe because it brought it back more to a human level. I like Juliet a lot, and this was a neat little romance short story, cleverly using the whole Goodwin thing.
Also still loving the new guys, and Charlotte is one vicious little lady - nice!
I think the identity of the guy on the freighter is probably one of the worst kept secrets ever lol...
I have noticed something about Lost and whether you like an episode or not. You see, it's a cracking drama show, but it also has a lot of questions to answer - and sometimes even when the drama is well done, you feel a little cheated that you don't get any answers. I would so love to be a fly on the writers' wall and see how much they are making up on the spot and how much is actually planned.

6 comments:

Rol said...

I'm one week behind you, but I loved the Desmond episode. Soz.

Mart said...

Everyone liked it except for me.

i have more to say on the Juliet episode, but I will wait til you've seen it.

I hope my comments are spoiler-free - I try to make them that way!

Rol said...

I kind of skip past them, then re-read once I've watched the ep! ;-)

Mart said...

skip-read my blog!!! what!!!!

okay here are more thoughts on the Juliet ep (slight spoilers)
at first i liked the fact that they brought Goodwin into it in the flashbacks - it feels like a huge jigsaw puzzle.
but aside from the fact that apparently the whole Goodwin/Ben thing clashes with something that happened earlier.
And wouldn't we rather see more info on someone like Rousseau, rather than someone like Goodwin...?

Rol said...

So who do you reckon is on the boat? Only answers I can come up with are Michael or Charlie. I'm missing something, aren't I?

What's the contradiction about Goodwin? I like the way they reshoot certain scenes again and again and cut characters into them when appropriate. We've seen the plane breaking up over Ben's village a few times now, but each time we get it from a slightly different perspective.

Mart said...

Don't read my new ep 'report' til you've seen it Rol...

Some boat stuff in that ep...

I heard Ben was upset about Goodwin's death or something, which contradicts that ep.