Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Comics

This weekend I bought my first two comics of the year - Powers and Girls. That’s very unusual for me, but I think I am going to try and cut down on comics this year. It’s not really to save money - I get a good discount and I don’t buy that many. The main reason is that I am running out of room in my flat, and it really gets me down when I buy a bag of about 6 comics and then I have to rearrange my flat to fit them all in.
So I’m really paring my buying habits down this year (probably to the above two and Walking Dead). I can’t totally give up - god forbid! - but there are some comics that I think I can safely drop. (Humberto Ramos on X-Men? Ew.)
Mind you, I get to read a lot of comics for free through work, so maybe I’m cheating here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, our wonderful GIRLS is ending soon *sobs* One extra place on your shelf :)

Mart said...

Hooray - one less comic to buy!

I must say, I have lost interest in Girls a bit (the comic series, that is). It's just gone on for ages and I've lost track of who's who, who's dead and who's been castrated. It shoulda ended sooner! The art's gone really muddy and dark too!
Moan moan moan

Unknown said...

Agreed. I am behind 4 issues and can't find any bloody stores that have the issues I forgot to buy! Whine, whine

Mart said...

It is hard to track down, T. and every time I see a new issue in the shops I think "hmm, have I already got this one? I don't remember..."

Unknown said...

I know! The covers are beautiful but a blur of boobs and naked women. I'm inspired to go put them in order now like a big nerd. weeeeeeeeeee

Mart said...

what do you mean 'like' a big nerd...
;-p