Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Big Brother

I’ve always been a reality TV fan. I used to love MTV’s Real World (whenever I was able to watch it - which was rarely) and things like Survivor, which are both series I’m amazed never took off in the UK.
So I do like Big Brother, even thought it can be a bit dull at times. I get annoyed with people who turn their nose up at it. I like it, I find it fascinating, and I like to think of myself in the situation the contestants are in. I guess it stems from living with some complete nutters over the past few years.
The only times I don’t like Big Brother is when they go too far in the editing and really manipulate the audience’s feelings against someone. And I always seem to side with the underdog and get upset when they get booed.
So anyway, Celebrity Big Brother just finished last weekend. Last year’s show was astonishing - I’ve never seen such gob-smacking TV. The ‘poor, poor, pour me a drink’ row between Galloway and Barrymore was unbelievably compelling, and this year’s CBB had a lot to live up to.
When the contestants were revealed one by one, it was completely disappointing - and to be honest, I’m getting bored of ‘celebrities’ who aren’t actually celebrities (ie, Danielle Lloyd, Emmerdale actors, etc, etc). I wanted transsexual antiques dealer Lauren Harries to be in there!
So who knew how amazing it would turn out to be. The behaviour of Jade, Jo and Danielle was utterly shocking and I have so much respect for the way Shilpa handled it all.
The one final thing that really annoyed me was that on the live final, people in the audience actually booed Shilpa. Why??? I mean, yes, she can come across a bit superior, but it’s just the way she is - she’s so sweet. So to those twats who booed her (and the twats who chanted ‘Shilpa out’ the previous week) - ner. (I did send a little Shilpa vote, by the way!)
And I just saw this on youtube. Check it out - erk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XopgVw5B0FQ
You see, those three girls were evil in the house, and I swore that if I ever felt sympathy for them, I’d bear their time in the house in mind. But this… it’s disturbing isn’t it. Makes me want to hug her, poor girl.

No comments: