Monday, May 3, 2010

Iron Man 2...

Caught Iron Man 2 on Saturday (sounds like a disease...?)
Well it's entertaining enough, but worryingly flawed...
There didn't seem to be a story. I think they went for a sprawling epic tone a la Dark Knight, but failed miserably, because Whiplash isn't interesting enough, and my god... Justin Hammer... Sam Rockwell you are so annoying!!! Shut up!!!!!
aaargh!
There didn't seem to be much of a script, just a bunch of chuntering and mumbling... Didn't really like Don Cheadle as War Machine - he's not handsome enough - I preferred the other guy.
One of the things I really enjoyed though, was Scarlet J as Black Widow. I'm a sucker for chicks who fight, especially if they've got red hair (and especially if they have cool curly red hair!). She didn't do much, but I liked what she did - although I'm surprised Scarlet went for sch a cheese-cake type of role. Oh well, she fit her leather suit nicely. I don't really get the flak that Scarlet seems to get - no one seems to like her! I like her style - she's laidback. Take a chill pill guys, hehe.
Another highlight were the Extras - man, they over-acted their hearts out! Check them out if you haven't seen the movie yet - especially in the Whiplash v car racing scene.

No comments: