Monday, June 11, 2012

Selling original art

I have started selling original art at conventions – pages from issues and art used for pin-ups and stuff. It’s hard though – I am a bit of a hoarder, so it’s difficult to ‘let them go’… But there’s no point really keeping them.

One thing I have noticed is that whereas all the O Men art is on one page and identical to the printed page, when it comes to Spandex, very few ‘final’ pages actually exist. I’m now in the Photoshop age, where a final page comes from sketches across four or five different places.

It’s also weird thinking how much to charge for it. A lot of the comic pages, I sell for between a fiver and £10. I sold the original art to Spandex 2 for £30. Too much, too little? To be honest, I think I am charging what I feel it’s worth.

No comments: