Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New stuff


I've been beavering away on Spandex 2. Blimey it's hard work! Honestly, even just preparing a page on Photoshop - just tidying up the blotches of a page scan - takes a whole evening, never mind colouring and lettering! So I think a February release date was a bit ambitious, and then I'm off to Japan in March (Yatta! Been learning the language for a year just so I can do that!), so I think we're looking at April, which is a shame but never mind!
I've got to say though, I think it's the strongest comic issue I've done, I'm so proud of it, and I think the quality is streets ahead of Spandex 1! It's quite funny, tense, exciting, fucked-up, nasty, and it's got the single most rude panel I think I've ever seen in a comic hehe! The team head to Japan to recruit a replacement team member and come face to face with...The Pink Ninjas!
It's 28 pages of story and 8 pages of extras, and there's going to be an online art project celebrating Japanese and Asian cinema and culture.
Anyway, here's something I have been working on - it's probably not even going to appear in the issue, so I probably should have left it and drawn the issue instead oops

1 comment:

Verdant said...

Best of luck with Spandex #2!